Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time next year I'll be looking for a new or a very good used fishing tub but I'm having a problem finding all the things I would like to have in it and so far the Journey by GW is the only thing close to it but the price is a bit too high for the size of my wallet.

The boat should have the following:

Cabin
8"6" beam
Size: 25', 26' or 27'
OB: 2X
Bow pulpit
Fresh water shower
Bow rail
Walkaround or flush
Stern seat
Self draining cockpit
Self draining fish and ice boxes
Bait prep station
Anchor locker
2 or 3 batteries
2 bilge pumps
Cockpit toe rails
V berth for 2 or 2-1/2
Head
Battery swith for two
Fish box/s
Trim tabs
Livewell
Deluxe helm chairs
Tramsom door/s
Hardtop with rod holders
Outriggers
Galley with sink
Refrigerator
Min. fuel: 150 gal.
hydralic tilt steering
HD ladder

I have looked at the new Boston Whaler, Robalos, Sea Pro, Hydra Sport, Pursuit, Mako, Pro Line and Grady Whites. Can you think of any other names I should look at?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
That new Hydrasports 2500VX looks like an awesome machine. But is fails the first thing on your list with the 8'10" beam.

http://www.hydrasports.com/Boats/Boats_Detail.asp?cid=1&bid=351&sn=6

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I second the Cobia. I fish one (25' WA) down at O.C. all the time (in laws boat). It has most of the features that you want, and it has price tag that is much easier to take than a B.W. or a G.W.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I call for info. on this boat but have not seen it yet. It looks good on the picture but you have to ban on the side walls and look very very close. I have seen about six diffrent new, never in water, 25-26 WA. and the quality from my 95 Robalo is like day and night, this things are rusting just by been outside on the parking lot. So much for their SS.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For those of you who may be interested. I put the 23 contender on ebay yesterday. It is item number: 4584105967

I don't know if this link will work or not, but here it goes!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-New-Contender-233-Inshore-Offshore-Fishing_W0QQitemZ4584105967QQcategoryZ63725QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,
Capt Brian
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
26 foot Grady White Chase. [excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Srearo, you've given up everything except the depth of your wallet.[wink]

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I just bought a Seaswirl Striper 23 foot walkaround that has been very nice and when you step up to the 26 foot it probably adds the rest ofthe features you are looking for

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phik999
Where did you buy your 23WA? Did you notice if they had a 2601WA on the lot also. I will like to take a closer look at this boat sometime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 24ft OSPREY Pilothouse which has everything you need while keeping you out of the weather if need be. Check out Osprey's web site at www.ospreyboats.com. They are like a parker without the wood stringers.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I bought the Striper at Riverside marine in Essex. Yes they have most models in stock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts