Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a while now and thought I had found it, was a day late. I would like to find a 28-32 ft open express, center helm, tower,straight inboard diesel, here's the prob, every one I have found is sloooww, 18-21k knt cruise, I would like at least a 25 knt cruise, or am I dreamin? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
i can't help you with what your looking for a but i do know of someone who's selling a 286 2004 prokat for a good deal. Personnally, its all the boat you need for inshore/ offshore fishing thats still affordable with the gas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1987 Tiara 3300 sf with twin diesels, cruse 24-25 with 18 gph fuel (total). Top end speed 32-34. This style is hard to find do to limited production. It was gas powered when I purchased 10 yrs ago. I did the repower and love it. Good luck. John

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check out Strike Boats. Sounds like what you are looking for. I fished on the Southern Belle out of Rudee (29 Strike) for several years. Great boats, fast and fuel efficient. It was for sale and it may have been sold.

Daniel

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
guess we are not going to boston now huh Todd !

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jamie , that boat is still there, but it has a criuse of 18-20 knts, = long arse boat ride out of rudee to the canyon, That Mirage I told you about was a done deal if the guy would have told me to come get it, that is a whole other fiasco, so basically I back to square 1.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Not sure what your discretionary income is, but I presume that you've talked w/ some of the OBX builders?

I too am looking to move up from my present twin-OB to an twin-IB. It's got what you want, w/ the exception of the tower.

Good luck & see you on the water.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
28 Carolina Classic, not a center helm, but mets the rest of your specs. 2 in the local VB paper today. Mine cruises 25-26kts.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Carolina classic 28 is not an option, no headroom in the cabin, got a thumbs down from the admiral at the boatshow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts