Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. Boat is in dry stroage and I don't have a trailer. Marina can't replace it until end of April. Anybody experienced and willing to show me how to change it out? I buy the stuff, including the beer, and pay you as well. I can't wait until end of April. Location York County. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thomas,
I understand. They wrote a note on the bottom of my winterization bill in December. I'm not even certain it needs to be done - the pee stream looks ok to me. Motor is only two year aand about 180 hours. However, better to do it now rather than later. This won't be the 1st time I change it, so I would like to learn so I can do rather than pay them and not be sure it was done how it should be. I just don't trust they do all they say they do - for example did they really pull the prop and lub it during winterization, did they really put in the correct amount of STABIL in the fuel, etc. Just trying to learn.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
[Q]samnterry originally wrote:
Thomas,
I understand. They wrote a note on the bottom of my winterization bill in December. I'm not even certain it needs to be done - the pee stream looks ok to me. Motor is only two year aand about 180 hours. However, better to do it now rather than later. This won't be the 1st time I change it, so I would like to learn so I can do rather than pay them and not be sure it was done how it should be. I just don't trust they do all they say they do - for example did they really pull the prop and lub it during winterization, did they really put in the correct amount of STABIL in the fuel, etc. Just trying to learn.
[/Q]

I'd help ya if I knew anything about Yammies but I only learned how to do one on a Rude last year. It's probably the same, but I who knows? My suggestion, if you're going to do it, is to get a service manual. For a impeller, it won't matter if it's the factory or some other brand. Shoot, you could go to the library and just check one out.

BTW, my impeller went 9 years before I changed it and it had thousands of hours on it. I don't know how often one needs to be changed, but I think it would depend on how much mud or sand it's sucked up over it's use. Basiclly clean water = less need for change.

- Dae

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Halfmoon,

Your the man. I greatly appreciate the like from the Hull Truth. I'll let you and others know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Sam

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't thank me, Hot Spot did the nice step by step photos. I just passed it on.
I hope it helps you out. I saved it for when its my time to do the same (only 40 hours on my F225).
Good luck!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts