Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on taking a vacation in October (only time I can)...and want to do a week of fishing. I love the light tackle action in the bays and back-country. Reds, Snook, baby Tarpon....whatever. I know October isn't the best month for Florida, but please tell where I should be. I also wouldn't mind a day in deeper water for Grouper, Snapper, or whatever. I was thinking the Islamorada area. Really need help from those who know. Will be hiring a guide for 4-5 days at least.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fishing is great that time of year, they're putting on as much weight as they can before winter. Stick to the south half of the state for the Snook and Tarpon..

·
Registered
300 Posts
October is about when the fall mullet run is happening along the coast. Inshore fishing get exciting with redfish, snook and trout all trying to get in on the feasting action. It is a good month to fish down here!

Good fishing!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Mosquito Lagoon for that shallow ater stuff. Need a compatent quide. Vic to fish is one.
Off shore out of POnce inlet for bottom fish id good.
Out of cocoa beach is good too.
Trouble with October is that it's change of season time. Cold front come rolling thru that screws up the fishing on the East Coast. You have to take your chances with the weather.
Jacksonvill is another good place to try. Lots of good guids and charter boats too.
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

·
Registered
1 Posts
October in Islamorada is Bonefish time[excited]

The Mosquito Lagoon is fishing well also

Snook should be happening around Stuart especially at night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts