Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on what and where the fish are on Champlain - fishing the FLW this week and can't seem to find any fish - any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Which is best - VT side or NY side - what lures work the best??????
thanks for any help you can supply!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Been there 3 times.We always put in at ST. Albans Vt.I would camp on Wood Island. There is a shoal that is about 2 miles long about 3 miles north west of wood Island. It is loaded with all spieces and of course big SM.Nothing like catching big SM on top water. Only down side is the weather ,the WIND. I have a carolina skiff and the wind was so strong it swamped my boat on one trip.Also you can get the Hotspots Fishing map,thats how I found the shoal. Good Luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have fished the lake the last 5 years the week of Memorial Day into the first week of June. We fish the Vermont side and the whole way up at the end of the lake around Swanton and the Wildlife Refuge area. Fishing is great with largemouth, smallmouth and nice size pike. Lures are #5 in line meps spinners for Pike, spinner baits for bass, and gizzits for smallmouths. Also use some jerk baits and sinko's. City Line ledges is great for smallmouths when the wind is blowing. Good luck. I need to wait until next May!! Good advise is to get a map of the lake, northern section. There are lots of ramps so the wind doesn't stop you from fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts