Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,

I am thinking about trailering my 27' Worldcat down from Cape May to Rudee Inlet for the Striper run. I have a couple of questions, if you have time to reply I would really appreciate it.

1. Any opinions of how good the fishing will be this year due to the cold water temps.

2. Anybody know of Mid-Atlantic boat storage, need a place to keep the boat of trailer during the run.

3. How far is Oregon Inlet from Rudee's by sea. Is the Yellowfin fishing accessible from Rudee's during the Winter/early Spring run. I want to leave the boat there all winter is it makes sense.

4. How late does the Striper run typically last. and when should the peak be?

Again, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
some here can answer better than me, but Ill give you my 2 cents worth...

1 so far its been pretty good, biggest problem has been the wind. ALOT of east and north east this fall.
2 there are some storage facilities in the beach area that store trailers, but I dont know what they cost.
3 rudee to OI is (wild guess here) 70 miles. alot of the times, the va fleet and the nc fleet will be fishing in the same places, but early on OI is a better spot to be, Tuna wise anyways.
4 the run will typically continue until the water hits around 40 degrees. Then we just run South towards NC and catch them down thata way. Usually you can catch them anyday the season is open.

Danny

·
Registered
363 Posts
1.Good...fish are not hear in number yet 2. Taylors 3. About 60 miles, better to trailer, fish might be off Diamond Shoals 4. Jan...until water drops below 44. Craige (Mary E...cell number 757-719-3903)

·
Registered
33 Posts
boat/trailer storage

In Hampton you might try Belle Isle Marina for storing your boat/trailer.

757-850-0466

The Marina is located on the Back River; great access to the lower Bay.

Butch on ObsesseD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts