Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the Rod and Reel West (Fishing Creek Landing) this morning
to check the fit on my boat cover...and found that I had no boat to put
the cover on!! I notified the DNR police.

It looks like the attached photo, but has a bow rail and twin 50 hp
Suzuki 4-strokes, Registration#: MD4774BP, Virginia trailer.

It's been a great boat, the Twin Vee brotherhood includes Tom Hughes
and Leon, and not many others. I've taken it to the CBBT, Ocean City,
Indian River Inlet, Rudee, Oregon Inlet, Hatteras Inlet, Diamond Shoals
Lt, and all the local waters from the Potomac to Deep Creek Lake...a
great little boat.

Keep an eye open for her,

Many thanks,

Rich Redler

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
I didn't see any boat numbers on the hull. Not too many TwinVee's around, but; having the registration numbers would help if we see a TwinVee out there

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Having been a recent victim of having all my electronics and other gear stolen from my boat not even 10 yards from my back door I can certainly feel your pain.

Please give us as much information as possible to keep an eye out.

Best of luck and I am so sorry.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rich,

Count me as one of the happy Twin Vee owners on this site. I have a 19ft Baycat. Can't imagine the feeling of having ones boat stolen. Will definately keep an eye out and pass the word around.

Best of luck,
Frank

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Graybeard,

He posted the numbers. I think the pic is a stock photo as he has twins.

"It looks like the attached photo, but has a bow rail and twin 50 hp
Suzuki 4-strokes, Registration#: MD4774BP, Virginia trailer."

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I hope they catch the ba$tard$ who did this and put them away for a long time.

Can you notify the DNRs in the surrounding states? What about notifying Suzuki USA...if someone ever brings those motors in for service, they would come up on the computer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rich,

You should put this post on the other boards like VA Northern Neck, Virginia and etc.

The more people that know about it, the more people can keep their eyes out for it.

I sure hope you get it back and in good shape.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Sorry for your loss. When I bought my boat I condsidered leaving it on the trailer at Fishing Creek but the wide open access coupled with the price kinda turned me off.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

-JB

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
For those of you who don't know Rich he is a heck of a nice guy. Nobody deserves this LESS than him. Rich, I hope you get it back buddy!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Rich, Sorry to hear about the boat. I have kept my boat at fishing creek for the past few years and I have had just about everything left on the deck stolen. (chairs, coolers, brushes, etc.) Many of the waterfront townhomes that back up to the marina are public housing ($200.00 a month) from what the marina manager tells me. Hopefully with the new owners things will change. There was also another boat stolen from its slip in this marina last spring. Hope they catch the Ba$ta#ds that did this!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
wow...sorry to hear that...Is it me or does it seem like there has been more of boats being stolen in the last year?? Man...that really sux...i wrote the #'s down and will definitly keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My Recommendation

Rich, I might suggest you also make a report with the Calvert Co. Sheriff's Office and make sure you have all your information such as serial numbers for boat, motors, trailer and any electronics you have on board. You should also include in the report any other equipment you had on the boat. I'm not saying NRP won't do their best but Calvert Co. Sheriff's Office has more investigative resources than they do. If your boat was on a trailer odds are that if it's going to be recovered it will be parked somewhere. You also need to make sure you give all the above info to law enforcement as it can then be entered into various data bases which can be researched by any law enforcement agency. This will enhance your chances of recovery particularly if it ends up out of state somewhere. It's unfortunate that there's not better communication between NRP and local law enforcement, many times NRP will take a report like this and local law enforcement knows nothing about it. NRP expertise is mostly with game and fish law and don't put a strong emphasis on investigating criminal cases. I'm not trying to be critical of NRP it's just a fact of life.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Rich,

Sorry to hear about your loss -- bummmmmer!! Hope you find it soon and in great shape -- have you put out an email to our CCA gang of anglers yet?

We'll all watch and hope to find the bas$%^&s that did it!! Let us know how it turns out, OK?

Tom
"On The Fly"

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry For Your Loss ,i Also Keep My Boat At Rod N Reel West For Last 6 Yrs.
But The Last 2yrs. There Has Been Some Thefts I Guess Thats What We Get With 50 Percent Rate Increase On Slip Rental Less Service I Will Keep A Eye Out For Boat Good Luck Keep Us Posted

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Rich -
Sorry to hear about your boat getting ripped off. There's a lot of scum running around loose :( . Hope this isn't going to become a trend at Ches Beach - they had another boat stolen right out of the slip last July, but it was discovered beached a few miles down the bay. Good suggestions above in reference to notifying all agencies.

This is an unfortunate reminder to all of us who keep a boat stored on the trailer to check the hitch lock - may not prevent theft, but could slow someone down or make them move to an easier target. :( :(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts