Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations on Okuma baitfeeder reels. I want to add some bait feeder reels and would like opinions on Epixor, Avenger and Coronado bait feeders and why. I own/operate a charter boat so use/abuse is high. Thanks for any input!! Capt. Bob

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Capt Bob,
I picked up a large Avenger Baitfeeder at the suggestion of Keith at Alltackle. I fish that reel mainly off the surf and its held up nicely for 4 years. I also use it for fishing the Rt 50 bridge and its hauled its share of fish from the water up to the bridge but these are shorts in the mid 20's...still a load on a reel. No problems to date. I picked up the 3000 Avenger after having success with the larger model 2-3 yrs ago and use it for live lining...same story...no problems. I've paired the 3000 with either 6.6 or 7' light tackle rod. Only thing I dislike about the 3000 is that the bail is large and cracks my knuckles at times when I'm reeling. I do take good care of these and am surprised they've lasted as well as they have.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Capt. Bob, first off welcome to the board and you should get some very good information from these guys. I have the Okuma Epixor EB20 and I will have to say it is one very smooth reel. I don't know much about the other 2 you mention but the Epixor is very good. Good luck on choosing the right one...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. My mate is on here quite a bit and has done some posting. I will try to get more active in the posting - you are right there is ALOT of good info. here. Thanks, Capt. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts