Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of giving the flounder a try tomorrow (Wed.) at the cbbt. Can't stand reading these post any longer. Weatherman calling for 15 to 20 from the south. Don't want to take too much of a beating. Not as young as I once was. Anyone with experience please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

C.B.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
South winds

Well, 15 to 20 mph is a little beyond my comfort zone, and 15-20 kts is a definite no-go.

If I'm sailing from Lynnhaven or Little Creek, I might stick close and run down the beach to the CBBT and tiptoe as far as the first SBC to see how roughed up it is, but in all liklihood that's as far as my old back would want me to go. If it blows 15-20 mph OR kts, and there are gusts to 25, the First and Second, the Bend, and the Baltimore Channel are way beyond what I'm personally willing to do.

I run a Trophy 23.5 WAC, by the way. She'll take much more than my back will, though.

Foy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
It looks like NOAA is callng for a Small Craft Advis in the morning.. But if that doesn't happen or happens late, you're best chance will be to get out right after the fog clears and before the front moves in with the wind....

Look at NOAA & bouy reports when you get up in the morning and make a call. Feel free to use my website's weather page:

Weather, Tide and Trip Information

If the front holds off 'till afternoon you may be in for a nice morning. (But probably a bumpy ride back)

On the other hand, if the wind is building when you get up you may decide to hold off until Thursday AM!

Be Safe, Good Luck and Tight Lines! RTC<><
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top