Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to receive a new GPS/fishfinder for Christmas this year and would like to have it professionally installed. I live in the Catonsville area and was hoping to have the installation taken care of at my house. Two questions: 1) approximately how much should this cost 2) who do you know who does a nice job.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It's not a difficult project if you want to consider doing it yourself. I just installed a new Garmin FF/GPS and if I can do it anyone can.

If you are set on paying someone to do it you could start by calling several local boat dealers and marinas to get some quotes. Most of them either do installs or can recommend someone who does.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Its not hard at all. The hardest part is putting the transducer in the right place. there is a chart somewhere that has the placement for each boat. i cant remember where I saw it. you should be able to locate the rigging tubes under the deck from the wires alrady there. I would consider doing it your self. For what they most likely will charge would be a new rod/reel combo for spring!;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts