Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to clean my 92 Grady up a little and need some advice regarding the outboard bracket. Naturally, after 12+ years, some of the paint is flaking off. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding a paint to use on the aluminum. The bracket is/was white. Is there some epoxy based paint I can use to prevent/slow this in the future?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my brother-in-law in flordia was refurbishing an older boat and had the bracket powder coated. it has held up nicely for 2 years. he put antifoul paint on the lower half and it stays in the water full time. in flordia, lots of auto paint shops can powder coat large items.
frog

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I had mine done 3 years ago with Epoxy,,regular epoxy on bracket and non-skid on the plarform, & it seems to be holding up well,,No matter what method you use, proper preparation is the key,,It must be sandblasted & etched or primered properly prior to application of finish coats.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I've found two products by Petit, Aluma Protect (primer) and Easypoxy enamel coat. I'm going to give them a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts