Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Stroke Carb 150hp SS Yamaha - Runs fine below 3000 and above 40000rpm. When trying to get on plane, the engine hesitates and continues to do until it reaches about 4000rpm. Seems odd to me that it runs fine above that. New gas tank (same hoses, etc) so water in fuel shouldn't be an issue.

Any thoughts/suggestions ???

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I'm not a Yamaha person but it sounds like they probably do something with the ignition at that RPM range, i.e., Merc's shut down 2 cylinders when not needed. I also don't know when the Yam's come off of the idle jets to the main but I suspect it's sooner than 3000rpms. You have a few easy choices: dump carb cleaner in the fuel tank and see if goes away; split and clean carbs now; check ignition system. Watch the temp gauge, if it's fuel related you don't want it to run lean. The temp gauge may not catch a temporary lean condition but the cylinders/pistons will. Are you using a good fuel filter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.