Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Durning tuna season, I make a few trips to the fingers...I am planning to make a few more trips this summer... I am trying to CYA this year.... I know an EPIRB is the best way to go...but is there anything eles I can get that will ensure a safe return??? Any advise would be great... Thankx in advance

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Fish Dad has posted a link that covers quite a bit. Follow that, and you should be off to a good start. I would add that aboard the Round-Tuit we have redundancy in everything but the radar dome. We have multiple display heads, multiple transducers, multiple GPS antennas, two commercial radios, two VHF Antennas, and two hand held radios. Yes, all of this on a 23 foot boat. And don't forget a portable battery pack to back up your two batteries. Often your problems will not require an EPIRB, so be sure you have a back up of any system you consider critical.

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
My best advice:

Everything said above & a BUDDY BOAT!!!

Make sure you have a solid weather window, the fingers are a long way off and if a storm blows up, you will probably not have enough notice to avoid it.

Another Great Topic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts