Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advise guys. Does anyone have an idea on how to build a handicapped device to help land ,large fish ,I hope. Mabybe a swingable winch with a strecher type net or something. I have seen muskie fishermen on tv, using a long strecher type thing to scoop them up, but I can't find one listed anywhere. I'd have to have an electric whinch of some sort with a deal to quickly lift fish when landing and then slowly into boat. Maybe a automatic anchor motor, but don't think that's strong enough. Thanks for any help.
PS I know you guys are gonna say use your partner for a winch, but sometimes it's two of us old decrepped men and neither one can lift a fish of any size.
mini moe

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Jesus Christ Moe, how big a fish are you getting into now!??!?!?

My first thought is you should google some crabber/watermen type setups for lifting crab pots. Maybe even try posting this on the crabber board. Toobad you don't live closer - this sounds like a fun project to fabricate. Keep in mind you might need this device to help release them as well.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
help

Yepp! I'll just leave 'em in the basket, take a pic. weigh and slowly lower them back. Now where James Bond laboratories when you need them?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Dennis is full of ****. He isn't building a fish net/landing/hoist contraption. His mini-butt is looking for a way to have a hammock in the boat for snoozing, without leaving any of his fishing junk at home! And he wants it to be able to swing out over the side so that, in the rare occasion, that they actually hook up with a fish, the more alert partner, can swing sleeping beauty out of the way while they play with the rod.

Dennis! Cheese and Rice man! If you must have that kind of comfort, just go get a room and take a break.

Okay, sorry to break the news Dennis. I just had to call you out on this one.

BTW, if you get the hammock thing to work, I might build one. Have you found a hammock that will work for you? Do they make them that short? If you need it, I can cut you off about 4' 5" of my old nylon gill net. That should be tall enough for you and a good hat and tall boots!!!!!!:D :yes:

Dayton

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
help

Man!, I already have my hammock, I really do need a fish hammock,sled,strecther,basket,dothingy. See if you can come up with one. Dead serious. Doctor says I can't lift over 40 lbs.

moe

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I had a nylon gill net at one time, if I can find it that may work rigged like a fish strecher. I'm ignoring your people strecher stuff Dayton, can you tell?

moe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts