Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this afternoon for about 3 hours after church (should have said a prayer for my first Rockfish this year but forgot :)). On the way out of the creek there were quite a few people setting up chairs for gatherings with friends and family. A bit rough in my 21 ft cc at the start around the mouth of the patapsco with about 9 mph winds. Started drifting from north to south at about 10 ft deep and pulled in some 8+ inch white perch on high-low rigs that had small chartreuse jigs rigged topped with earthworms. Wind died down quite a bit and waves were mainly from boat traffic. Also ran a live line eventually with white perch and two high-lows rigged with circle hooks and chunks. In about 18 feet, reeled in a 22 inch channel that got tangled in my net. Then my other chunk rod got bent, started reeling that in and reached for the net but dang, forgot still had the cat in it. Wedged the live rod under my arm for a couple minutes and got the channel out of the net. Then reeled in the rest of the way and actually got a double of channel cat. So that made 3 channels in less than five minutes. I was actually herding cats! Also got a boat record 11.5 imch white perch and 12 other 8 inch+ white perch. Nice to be out on the water and catching fish.
White Hood Automotive design Naval architecture Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Clip the gills on those Channel cats to bleed them out. It makes a world of difference in the taste of the meat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts