Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We arrived in KDH last Sat and on Sun. we hit the Nags Head Pier where there was a good spot bite going on and it did'nt take long for my father and I to fill the bucket. then off to the cleaning table where I gave HIM a lesson in skinning the little devils!!!!

On Teusday we decided to try the kayaks down at Oregon Inlet. I found the water heading to the bridge to be a little too shallow for even the yak, but my dad (67) and my nephew (9) handled them just fine and we caught a load of croaker and I got a nice Red Drum,but no flatties. By the way I rented a sit-on top ocean kayak-never again.

On Thursday I talked the wife into heading down to Pea Island and dropped off my dad and nephew at OI,I just could'nt keep them out of the yaks. I found the shore line down there to hold an impressive amount of Flounder,not a lot of big fish but all the fun I could handle. I beleive the biggst was 26 inches and very fat.Thats also where my wife wanted to go on Friday as she fell in love with the secluded beach[grin].

If I was heading back down anytime soon Pea Island would be the first place I would go for the flounder.[excited][excited]

Darren

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a great spot Mike, I used a 1/4 oz. chartruese jighead tipped w/ a good size strip of squid and tossed it out about 25 feet from shore and they nailed it on just about every cast.I also tried some mullet strips but nothing on them.

Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts