Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the report of spanish at Windmill on 8/3, I went out late 8/4. Trolled Windmill bar, 2R, Stingray triangle twice. One knockdown, no catch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We trolled windmill last night from 5:30 until dark. We tried planers close in and WFB on a variety of spoon colors. Picked up several blues, but no spanish. We probably could have caught more blues by dropping back on the speed, but we wanted to give the spanish an honest effort. Plenty of bait on the screen though.

Went with a well known local captain on the Hokie High. Nice evening, but no spanish.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trolled from Bar to R2 to R1, and then back past the Bar to Indian Creek. No Macks. Was running 5.5-6.5 knts. useing silver Clarks, gold Clarks, and pink Drones on both #1 and #2 planers. I hope they went north and didn't just split. If anyone knows please clue me in. GOOD LUCK, OPTIMYSTIC

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Got 5 Spans on Sat. morning at Windmill. Lost three more on the way in. Running 6.5 to 7.0 K's. Fish were on south side of WPL both a little west and east to R2. Also got one or two along the line where the 30 & 36 foot depth lines run together north east of the end of the bar. The blues we got were in the shallows of the bar. Went over to Cut at buoy 50 and drifted for croaks. Got about 75 in a little over two hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.