Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last day of hunting season with only 2 hours of light left, the guys would never imagine this freak nasty would venture into the hunt, but he did. He ran a gauntlet, 9 shots fired, and the deer went splash. First thought was he sunk, the guys got to looking for him up and down the river, and all they saw was his tail sticking out of the water. One guy strips down and jumps in, hauls him out. 11ptr cannot remember spread, think it was 21-22.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That buck came from the western side of the James River. I didnt kill him, four guys shot at him, the first two guys missed, the third guy knocked him down, and the fourth guy might have gotten into him. So there is a little confusion on who actually got him, but it was no need to fuss about it, nobody is upset, we consider him a club deer.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Wow, that is some mass ! Nice work and it must have been a cool swim, but worth it.

Feeshon

·
Registered
621 Posts
[q]So there is a little confusion on who actually got him, but it was no need to fuss about it, nobody is upset, we consider him a club deer. [/q]

Come on.........they may not be saying it but each of those hunters has to be thinking...."I killed that deer".......to themselves.

Mark

·
Registered
318 Posts
Glad you posted pics. People didn't believe me when I said how big he was. Now it is time to catch a cat!

Rex

·
Registered
318 Posts
I only work when I have to.

That truck deserves to be talked about! (I am just jealous, I love those old Fords).

Glad to have you Saturday!

Rex

·
Registered
440 Posts
Anyone see the pic in the Richmond times of the buck a man shot in Hanover the other day? It was killed in Hanover. Quite a buck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
speaking of work there dual force. you seem to have lots of time to send me weird emails. how are things??

The deer weighed in at 160. He was a young buck I think we concluded that deer was about 4 years old

·
Registered
17 Posts
Things are going great...!!! Stand by for more OUT STANDING E-MAILS... Have had two guys that score deer tell me they feel it will be in the 200 class area...

Later DF[grin]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts