Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Heritage redfish gets water in the storage area, lot of water about two inches is this normal? I thought the storage are should stay relatively dry; Dianne’s liquid logic was completely dry.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Sounds like a leaky scupper, where did you purchase it? Call them and have them set you up for a warranty return. Or call Legacy Paddlesports and get them to help you out. 1-336-299-5055

Good Luck.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[Q]Cory ruthless Routh originally wrote:
Sounds like a leaky scupper, where did you purchase it? Call them and have them set you up for a warranty return. Or call Legacy Paddlesports and get them to help you out. 1-336-299-5055

Good Luck.
[/Q]Thanks Cory it will take on water in a flat calm! I think the area Rep is on Kent Island!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have a leaky seal on my storage hatches on my Heritage Fisherman 14 the bolts were loose and the seal is made out of foam material which is not to good Looks like regulat weather stripping that is used on a storm door.
It filled with water while it was out in a storm on back of my truck one night.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I just noticed that both my redfish 12 and 14 got water inside after a rain storm. I think that it is the recessed rod holders, or the foam around them. I am going to test them tonight and ill get back to you.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That foam material is not the best.
I tightened all the bolts on both hatches on my Fisherman Pro but still noticed a little water inside it.
I'll check the rod holders tomorrow..
I was in Bass Pro a couple of weeks ago buying a Scotty and I ask for a seal for it 'They didn't have any but the girl that worked back where the Yaks were showed me one in a yak back there .Don't remeber what name brand Yak it was but the seal was greyl with a much denser foam.Now that looked like it wouldn't leak .

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Heritage is using an open celled foam, so it is like a sponge. I have addressed this with Heritage, and after the move to Greensboro they will start using a closed cell foam.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.