Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week ago Sat I had my best day ever....2 triples/2 doubles...17 fish in 2 hours plus several misses given removal of stinger hooks.

This sat...back to same place...same rigging...
No fish...no take downs...SKUNK...

Fish may have run south of Potomac.

Sorry to report bad news but maybe helpful to others.

WL

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Very helpful... Its 2 plus hrs one way for me. Reports good and especially bad are appreciated.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I just got a report where we killed them last thursday was a 1 fish day outside of solomons from a buddy who is a very good fisherman (they have won the boatyard and asa stop in the past). he didnt get out until 9am on sat but said they worked hard from the gas docks to the HS marker with one 27" fish to show for it. Things can change in a day.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Your report is helpful. Do you remember what the water temp was reading? Water temp was @48 degrees 0n 12/14. I fished out of Solomons and we brought back 6 fish 35-39". We hooked the first fish early and the last five were caught betweem 12-3pm.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
and 2 fish to show for it. headed down south-way south to try to redeem myself from that a--kicking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went out of Solomon's with Capt. Greg Buckner on the Miss Sussie this past Saturday and we absolutely slaughtered them. We saw some gannets diving around 72A and had multiple hookups for 2 hours. We caught about 30 fish total with only 1 under. Most were upper 30's to low 40's.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Workless, I wouldn,t feel too depressed about it. Its like B-Faithful says, things can change on a dime, We fished Breezy point about three weeks ago, a Wed and Thurs. Wed We found plenty of bait and lots of fish, one day later we went to the same spot (and everywhere else in the immediate vicinity) and fished a ghost town all day. I know the bait and fish didn't evaporate into thin air but we just didn't find em:confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All,
Thanks for the notes.
Temp was around 44.
(Please remind me....what temp triggers the "rock departure"? 41? 40? 39? Can't remember.)

I was fishing Hooper Light/HS area....
Sounds like capt Greg was south at 72A (5 miles south) and was in the water by 7:30am...Greg really knows his stuff... (I buy all my chutes from him).
There was a ton of **** in the water given the rain on Friday....cleared lures every hour and still NO FISH....

Personal opinion:
Go south.....bouy 68 min...Smith Point....GW buoy
AM bite my be key...
Don't drop the lines until you have a clear and definitive sign of bird working........"I mean working hard" gannets/gannets/gannets.
One other great day I had 2 years ago on 12/31 was at GW buoy which is 35miles South of Solomons....10 miles south of Smith Point light....
If I get to go one more time....this will be my spot...
Happy Holidays to all!!!!

I am not pulling the boat until my karma is repaired....

WL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts