Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone caught or heard of anyone catching herring in Richmond? I'm hoping that after today's fishing that there will be some shad/herring reports. I am planning on taking out my son tomorrow for the first time (may only be out 5 min.) and hoping for a little action so as to keep him occupied. Thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I would like to know also.

Hope you and the little guy have some fun tomorrow. Give him a sabiki and let him bounce it. If that doesn't work, tip each hook on the sabiki with a little piece of worm. I found that helped with the white perch last year. Or just hook a hickory or gizzard on a dart/spoon and let him wind it.

Just make sure he is interested. Throw the net and let him watch a few gizzards flop in the floor. Hide a toy of two to give to him if you are not planning to leave. I have let them play in the floor while I fish. But, if you hear "Dad, lets go", then say okay and pack up.

Keep his life jacket on him and walk him by the bank fisherman. See what everyone is doing. It is interesting for them to see the activity and look at everyones gear and coolers.

I know you guys are going to have fun.

Dayton

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Oh yea. Eric, I had luck with small white perch on the sabiki, sometimes two or three at a time, last year up above the rock. We went up 100-200 yds past the rock and fished on the left side. Boat was in about 6' of water and about 1.5 cast off the shore. The kids were catching a bunch of perch. But I don't know if it is two early yet?

Dayton

1 - 3 of 3 Posts