Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this post finds you and the family doing well Bennette. Ron and I haven't been fishing this spring but once or twice in the river; from the shore line for shad. Back in late March had a spot on my back test positive for cancer and have had one heck of a time with it going back and forth to the Doc's getting it taken care of. Yesterday the surgon worked on it for a second time and I'm sure hoping that's the last time for that. Because of my back I haven't played golf since last fall, haven't turkey hunted; can't shoot a shot gun and haven't been fishing, especially on my boat. Stiches don't come out for another two or three weeks but think Ron and I might make a trip up to Kerr before then. From the reports I've read both on the Bugg's and Crappie.com boards the crappie have really had a rough spring getting their act together. From what I gather there are a lot of fish which haven't even spawn out as of yet and their eggs are still not fully developed. Reports of surface water temps in the low 70's and crappie still full of eggs just doesn't sound right. Well, take care and keep in touch.

Acey

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health problems Andy. I'm doing the best I can, trying to learn the business side of our business... Just met with a CPA, gonna make a clean break and start over. On paper at least, my father left me with tools, equipment, clients and the opportunity to continue. However Im going to restart as an S-Corperation. I don't know if its sympathy or pity work but the phone has been ringing steady. I haven't fished in awhile... Would love to but just don't have the time. When things slow down for me we should go catch some speckle... Ill show ya how I catch em in the river.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Works, work and I would guess keeping your mind and hands working are a good thing right now. I've got 40 years experience as self employed, estimating and project management. You run into anything you want a second opinion on business wise, I'd gladly talk it over with you and offer you my thoughts on the matter. No matter how big or small. When you see you got some open time coming up let's plan on a river trip and maybe come fall you'll be settled in and be able to take a day to make a trip up to Bugg's with Ron and I. Take care and keep in touch.

Andy

·
Registered
827 Posts
Bennette, I hope everything works out, I'm sure it will, just remember to take some time for yourself to keep from burning out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts