Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the Rudds Creek Ramp at 7:30 am. Don't see Bill Hardy at the Triangle store nor at the ramp. I really pulled a dump thing the day before and didn't find out till we went to launch. Filled the truck and boat with gas Wed afternoon and turned on the key so I could see the the gas tank fill on the boat. Forgot to turn the key off after filling so when we went to start the boat at the ramp this morning it was dead as a door nail. Being the one to have problems like this in the past I have a set of jumper cables on the boat. Ron and I jump the trolling motor over to the starting motor and after a few minutes we have the motor started. Next we leave the ramp and at trolling speed head down under the Rt. 58 bridge to make the run down Butchers. As we go under the bridge there are two boats fishing under the bridge. One being next to the channel and the other over on the far right next to the bridge pilings. As we pass the boat next to the channel the fisherman makes a wave at us then points his finger at us like he knows us. Say to Ron that must be Bill Hardy. Turn around and go back to him and not shutting the motor off because I'm trying to charge the battery up I yell; " Is that you Bill." He shakes his head yes and I begin telling him to follow us down Butchers and he could follow us around for the day and we would show him some brush piles and learn how to fish them. He says he is going to stay where he was and had to eat some breakfast in a little bit. I said OK, just come down Butcher's after he ate and we would be on the left. The moral of the story; this was the wrong Bill. This Bill must have thought he had just run into two idiots trying to lure him down the creek to rape and kill him. The real Bill Hardy was over in the other boat over to the far right. LOL this is how our day started. Mr. Bill Hardy was glad to meet you and have a few minutes to talk to you this afternoon and Ron and I are sure glade you where there at the ramp to get this all straight at the end of the day. I hope the first Bill we spoke to didn't call the Law and tell them there were two perverts riding around the pond. Now for a fishing report. As far as a perfect day with the weather, and learning any thing from the BP that's a bunch of BS. First brush pile was scattered all over since we last was over it and we really wasted too much time trying to put the pieces together. Second and third piles were very slow but the size of the fish when they did bite was big. Of the ten fish we caught 8 had to be netted. Did I tell you 8 out of 10 were netted. As far as the day was concern; you could not ask for a better day to fish on Buggs Island, just one of those days the fish didn't know it. Water temp was 63.7 when we started and 64.5 when we left Bill; really did enjoy talking to you and we will make sure next time we get together.

000_0550.jpg (170.8 KB)

000_0551.jpg (156.7 KB)

These are the two biggest. Six others were just under their size and two where 9 to 10 inches.

Acey

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
It was nice to finally meet you AC and Ron B . I had a good time I caught 4 catfish 2 stripers and 3 small crappie .I would like to get up with you and Ron next time you go or when ever.:thumbup::boat:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts