Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where you been bud. I find it very hard to believe your not fishing. So where are the fishing reports???:bigfish:

Man this board is dead. The only thing needed is angels and harp music.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have fished only a few times in the beginning of the year and that was it. My new doctor finally convinced me about the severity of the condition so after a lot of visits to different hospitals I finally ended up for a hip surgery which I had last thursday. It was not a straightforward procedure, the surgeon had to make a 10 inch cut and partly sever a muscle to perform the operation. After 5 days in hospital I was shipped to a revalidation clinic for a three days stay which ends wednesday. Especially the partly severed muscle gives trouble when moving around, very painfull.
Having a heatwave around also does not help either. All fishing trips for the year have been cancelled and a long recovery lies ahead.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'll tell you its been dead around here and I missed your reports. They are the closes I'll be getting to seeing what the fishing is like over your way. So here is wishing you well and a speeder recovery then the doc. Thinks.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I understand your concerns, as I looked at the forum the last year I figured the tide had run out :))

Just came out of the hospital, thank god I made it back home.
The downside is that we are currently in a heatwave and my little home from 1934 is not
the best insulated place on the planet.
Next Saturday they expect a all time record temperature here of about 106 F, at least I have some beers in the fridge:chugbeer:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Wow, 106F sounds really high for there. I think it must have rained every day in the month of June here in Maryland. It was the wettest June ever recorded with something over 13 inches of rain where we normally have just over three inches. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
739 Posts
In the end the temps did not reach the 106F but stuck at 93F, still too high for me though.
These extreme temps. are usually accompanied by a very high humidity and a typical day
will end with severe thunderstorms and rain.

One of my collegues did bring me a mobile AC unit from work but unfortunately he forgot
the neccesary ducting so it was useless and I had to endure another miserably hot day at home.
Allthough the climate did match that of Florida it is not the same - no palm trees and beaches here :)

Thanks for the well-wishes, recovery will take its time so I guess I will skip my trip to Florida this year
and concentrate to get in shape for the 2016 season if that is possible.
Besides that the actions of the leaders of the Fourth Reich aka the EU have ruined the exchange rate of
Dollar vs Euro making that trip extra costly.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Marcel, I too have missed your reports and adventures! Take care of yourself & get healed up! Hope your recovery gets you back on the water as good as ever! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
How is the recovery coming along? We have been having your hot weather here for the past week or so and it is supposed to continue for at least the next week. We had a heavy thunder storm this afternoon and it rained about 0.9" in less than an hour. After the storm moved on, it got so humid it was like a sauna. Hope you are well on your way to getting back on the water.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, I am at the "single crutches" stage and now and then walk without the crutches
as instructed by my physiotherapist.
Next week I have an appointment with the surgeon for a check up.

Still not able to fish so these are sour times especially with the returning nice summer weather.
Speaking of the weather, it had been pretty miserable during the last week, it was
so bad that many of the holiday makers opted for last minute travels to more southern
climes to avoid the wind, rain and low temperatures.
So far this summer has been extreme boasting record high and low (to freezing) temperatures
all in the span of a month.

My Florida trip is definitely shelved but just in case I asked the local hotel folks if the
month of April might be a worthwile time to visit SW Florida.
Never been to that place in that time period so I have to do some research on the prevailing
weather patterns and availability of fish during the before mentioned month.

How is the recovery coming along? We have been having your hot weather here for the past week or so and it is supposed to continue for at least the next week. We had a heavy thunder storm this afternoon and it rained about 0.9" in less than an hour. After the storm moved on, it got so humid it was like a sauna. Hope you are well on your way to getting back on the water.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its good to hear your recouping well Marcel. As for the fishing:fishing2:. I know just how you feel. I've been busier then a one arm paper hanger. I'm trying to get a number of things done, before I join you walking with a crutch:eek2:. Some time in September, I'm getting both knees replaced. So no fishing for me. I all ready told the other two black belt instructors in my class, they will have to take over the class while I'm gone. They licked their chops telling me how they can't wait till I get back. Just so they can kick me in the knees. They want to get even for all the times I kicked them. Dam its hell when they can get you back.:oops:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, **** happens as they say.
Never been hospitalized in my life but wear and tear will catch up to you,
in my case rather to soon but what has to be done has to be done.

As I have spend a fair time in waiting rooms at the hospital I can tell you
that the people I spoke that had knee replacement where quite happy
about the results so I hope it will be the same for you.

If you fellow black belt instructors indeed get back at you than make sure
you get it on camera, I hear personal injury lawyers might make you a
fortune in the US of A :)

As for my own recovery at this point I can not even put on my own socks
let alone shoes. Rather traumatic when you consider putting on waders
and wading shoes. Having said that just after surgery I could hardly walk
and now seven weeks later I can walk without crutches allthough I still
have to use one as instructed.

Its good to hear your recouping well Marcel. As for the fishing:fishing2:. I know just how you feel. I've been busier then a one arm paper hanger. I'm trying to get a number of things done, before I join you walking with a crutch:eek2:. Some time in September, I'm getting both knees replaced. So no fishing for me. I all ready told the other two black belt instructors in my class, they will have to take over the class while I'm gone. They licked their chops telling me how they can't wait till I get back. Just so they can kick me in the knees. They want to get even for all the times I kicked them. Dam its hell when they can get you back.:oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts