Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I got lucky a few weeks ago and caught my 5th species citation for the year I have been trying to get a striper citation for the 6th one. I have a small boat and am limited on days I can fish due to weather and work so I have had allot of people either take me out or offer to take me so I could get this 6th citation. All of the effort up until Friday night had produced nice fish but the majority were at 42 inches. Friday night was looking like my best shoot looking at the weather even though I had to work all day Friday and Saturday. I got off work Friday at 5:30PM and loaded up the boat and left Newport News at 8:00PM and towed over to Kiptopeke to fish the ebb tide. When I got to the bridge the current was still coming in so I set up ocean side but it soon stopped flowing so I moved over to the new span bay side. My first fish was 40 inches then one at 43 inches, almost but still coming up short. I caught a couple smaller ones and it slowed down and I was about to move and then bite started and got crazy. I ended up with a release citation 44.5 and probably 7 or 8 that were over 40 inches and several smaller ones. After looking at my pictures I think I had 13 boated plus one fish that was around 35-40 inches but when I got it close to the boat I saw some sores on it and just cut the leader. I keep one 35 inch fish. The weather was great except for a little drizzle and light fog. The fish were caught at different depths from about 25 foot down up to a free lined eel on top. I called it quits around 4AM and got home at 6:30AM Saturday morning unloaded the boat, cleaned up, took a shower and was back to work from 8:30AM to 5:30PM Saturday. Here are some of the pictures, all I can do is take then laying on the deck.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Congrats-Awesome Job!

Wes,

You are the man and you are on fire this year! Congrats!

Tight Lines & Happy Holidays
Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Wes , Congrats on # 6 . You have been paying your dues and are reaping the rewards.

Betcha that Sat was a Slooooow day on cars. LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts