Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched late from Cobb's and made it to High Rise at 7 pm. Strong outgoing current. Anchored up on Bay side just south of main channel. Casted one eel out free lining on my spinning rod and let second out on bobber. First rod went off withing 5 minutes and before we could even get our spread out. From then on it was non stop action between fighting fish, clearing lines and rebaiting. We boated 12 fish from 38 to 44 inches, including one at 41 lbs. Lost 2 more after good fight. Fish were very agressive, boated 2 that took the eel less than 5 ft from back of boat as we were letting floats out! First time for me eeling at High Rise and I am now a believer. I am sure it was beginners luck, but we did watch Max Kings eeling video and that helped. Lots of boats out there and beautiful night. Saw many fish caught but also heard a few boaters that said they were skunked.

p.s. All of our fish were caught on bobbers or free lining, none down deep.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats not rocket science is it. When the diner bell rings it's on.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
WTG! :thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice job Bill. Good to meet you at Cobb's I hope you get your lights fixed soon I saw your boat was still in the lot when I returned @ 9:30 pm. We were in that parking lot at the high rise as well; released 8 fish over 40". Loads of fun except for the small boat weaving in the pilings amongst everyones floats, i guess he needed some new tackle:nono: Next time he might get some lead:D Time to catch a paper!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts