Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put up a request for HO's late yesterday morning after I saw a window, and i got a crew filled up! Left out of Bubba's at 1:15 and headed to bouy 10 and made a few drifts, with out so much as a sniff. Talked with some others out there and no love for them either. We fished until 15 minutes befoe dark when we went and tied up at the high rise, we tried 3 different pilons this way, that way, upside down and backwards. NOTHING! Damn it was getting frustrating. Not even a dog shark. We did manage to put 8/0 circle hooks into 2 12" menhaden IN THEIR MOUTH!!!! Guess they were trying to eat the eels? So we switched to plan B and headed near the 4th island. It didnt take long before the skunk was officially removed with a fat 28" fish then the light tackle rods were busted out and we caught probably 20 fish between 20" and 28".

Back inside the inlet we saw Martin and his 29 fountain in a bit of a tangle, we tried to help but sea tow pulled up and relieved us. THEN as we were sitting at the dock a buddy of mine called and said he had run his diesel truck out of fuel and asked if I would come help him because he was stranded with the boat behind his truck. I met up and got him going again, now its 2:15 am and I'm tired. im sure i left some details out, but I'll fill in better later.

BTW my birthday is today, what a way to kick off my birthday than catching some stripers with some new found buddies! Great fishing with yall today!

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Thanks for trying to help but the chain got wrapped pretty good on my prop. Sea tow said it was the second boat this week to get tangled in the bouy chain. I guess we did well with the one slot fish we got even though we had to let him go. Good new is very little damage to my props and lower unit(just some scratches that I can tell. Thanks again for trying to help. Other boats went by and didnt even ask if we needed help. Martin

PS: I just got home and we got hung at 10:45 PM and now its 5:05AM.:confused:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Martin that sucks man, same boat I saw you with at Rudee last year, first time we met ? Geez...

Ben just the Puncuality that you called means as much as getting to go - thaks dude.

Hope both y'all have a better ending week than the start !

·
Registered
407 Posts
Happy Birthday Ben and congrats on the fish. You had to work for 'em but at least you got some. :clapping2::clapping2:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Thanks for the ride yesterday Ben. We gave them everything we had and a little more than we had planned but at least we got a box full before we gave up and called it a night. Happy birthday again, sorry about the gloves man.......Hope all is well with the boat Martin.

Kyle
ReelizeII

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ben,

Happy Birthday man and thanks again for the trip last night. We'll get the big ones next time.

Jason

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
People acting like it was the full moon...

I passed you guys & sea tow last night . That's pretty crazy stuff getting wrapped like that. The guy in one of the boat kept yelling stay left of green 4A as I passed. ??? What's up with that? Did the channel shift. Glad you guys didn't have damage. What happened to the guy that went aground at Fisherman's Isle?

Good Fishin

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
This year I towed 2 boats with engine failures. Last year I towed a sinking boat with engine failure larger than mine back to Lynnhaven and also saved a boat that was sinking in the night at my marina. Offered to help stranded boaters with broken trailers & tow vehicles also. I can go on. The vessel that ran aground yesterday was in radio contact with several other vessels, if the situation would have gotten worse I would have taken action.

Crystal Clear what good have you done lately besides bashing people on this board? You don't even know me. Give me a break.

Good Fishin

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good for you on your good deeds...stating those must justify (in your mind) for not helping (or atleast talking to) Island Girl last night. He stated he was in dire straits...and NO ONE answered him - many from this board. :confused::confused:

I have helped (certainly not to the extent that you have this year as I fished offshore mostly), but I went back out from the Ocean City sea bouy to tow a boat 50 miles offshore...and never met the guy before. I have tried helping others. This isn't a post to see who has the most merit badges...

You still didn't answer the questions...

Go find a bash post and get back to me...and then I might explain inside jokes or innuendos to you.

Sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts