Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As bad as the unemployment figure is it is not as bad as it was in 1982.

UPDATE-U.S. weekly jobless claims jump to 26-year high
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:05am EST )

WASHINGTON, Dec 11 (Reuters) - The number of U.S. workers filing new claims for jobless benefits surged to its highest in 26 years last week, Labor Department data showed on Thursday, as a deepening recession forced employers to cut back hiring.

Initial claims for state unemployment insurance benefits jumped by 58,000, the biggest increase since September 2005, to a seasonally adjusted 573,000 in the week ended Dec. 6 from an upwardly revised 515,000 the previous week.

That was the highest print since November 1982, when 612,000 workers submitted new claims for unemployment benefits. Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast 525,000 new claims versus a previously reported figure of 509,000 the week before.

Who was President in 1982?
Ronald Reagan

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
ET... a few points before I call you an idiot.

edit: never mind... no points needed, you are just an idiot.

Why? Will you blame Obama when he's in the same situation during his first year? No?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hedg...before you join the name calling group of non-thinkers reread what I posted. I did not "blame" anyone for anything. I posted two facts...the current unemployment figures which showed a 1985 comparison. I then looked up who was President in 1985 and posted that. Just because this does not sit well with you does not make me a idiot.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
First off, you posted 1982, not 1985.
Second, I know exactly why you listed it as Regan's watch.
Third, I don't care one way or the other, it sits fine with me.

I called you an idiot because you opened yerself up for attacks on your boy Obama & you did't even realize it. I still don't think you realize it...

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obama will do what Obama will do. Don't dlelude yourself you cared or you would not have taken the time to post the attack. My dad always said you can measure a man by the company he keeps.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No doubt he will....and it will be worse then any other President in the history of the U.S.
BTW.....Where was he born again?????
As a American I hope you are wrong and I voted that way because I think you are.
Having lost a previous election McCain was a seasoned loser, he chose a ding-bat as a VP when he is so old as to make death of the president a campaign issue.

If the place of his birth was truly a issue then the McCain group certainly missed their chance at negating Obama's run for the Presidency...and his win. Just more smoke by the losers.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Obama will do what Obama will do. Don't dlelude yourself you cared or you would not have taken the time to post the attack. My dad always said you can measure a man by the company he keeps.
What company do I keep? Unlike you, I know no one from this board... other than the folks at the tackle shop, I never met a soul from the internet world. Funny, aint you the one that's been fishing with known criminals???

Back to my point, which you missed again. I a few years, you will be defending Obama for things that happen early in his term... you have to, it's in your liberal blood. You will blame Bush. But now you can't. If high unemployment was Reagans fault after only one year... by your logic, it will be Obamas fault as well.

See, this is where you partisan folks fail, yall blame blame blame, no matter what, you blame everyone else. They all suck.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What company do I keep? Unlike you, I know no one from this board... other than the folks at the tackle shop, I never met a soul from the internet world. Funny, aint you the one that's been fishing with known criminals???

Back to my point, which you missed again. I a few years, you will be defending Obama for things that happen early in his term... you have to, it's in your liberal blood. You will blame Bush. But now you can't. If high unemployment was Reagans fault after only one year... by your logic, it will be Obamas fault as well.

See, this is where you partisan folks fail, yall blame blame blame, no matter what, you blame everyone else. They all suck.
I have fished with many great folks from Tidal Fish. True in my Tidal Fish aquaintances I have unknown to me at the time fished with a criminal...once and advised friends who asked me not to trust him as a HO. Anoter TF'er, not a friend, cheated me on a boat deal. In here the idiots must resort to name calling vs reasoning. You have chosen your side.
I got your point. My point was that high unemployment has been a trait of the Republican Party....Hoover, Reagan, Bush. My previous posts have proven that the Democrats are better for business than has been the Republicans but propaganda has had it otherwise.
Big government, taxation, recessions and the depression all fall at the doorstep of the Republican party. Go back to your crystal ball where you know who I will or will not blame...and I just blamed Bush for the current unemployment to the extent that he is still in office as the unemployment climbs.
As you think I am a idiot....the question is why are you arguing with a idiot?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unemployment (% labor force)
Year
1933 24.9 20.6
1934 21.7 16.0
1935 20.1 14.2
1936 16.9 9.9
1937 14.3 9.1
1938 19.0 12.5
1939 17.2 11.3
1940 14.6 9.5
1941 9.9 8.0
1942 4.7 4.7
1943 1.9 1.9
1944 1.2 1.2
1945 1.9 1.9
Wiki History of FDR

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Unemployment (% labor force)
Year
1933 24.9 20.6
1934 21.7 16.0
1935 20.1 14.2
1936 16.9 9.9
1937 14.3 9.1
1938 19.0 12.5
1939 17.2 11.3
1940 14.6 9.5
1941 9.9 8.0
1942 4.7 4.7
1943 1.9 1.9
1944 1.2 1.2
1945 1.9 1.9
Wiki History of FDR
uh huh, the war ended his terrible performance on unemployment and the economy..

Seems he did far poorer than Bush who had a booming economy and low unemployment for better than 75% of his administration.

Funny how your lies just never end.:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts