Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congress in August passed a landmark consumer safety law that raises standards for toys and virtually bans several hormone-like chemicals called phthalates in products for children under 12.

Lawmakers wanted toys with the controversial chemicals to be off the market when the law takes effect Feb. 10, according to a statement from Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., co-author of the ban.

Last week, however, a staff attorney at the agency responsible for carrying out the new regulations — the Consumer Product Safety Commission — released a legal opinion stating that stores may continue to sell toys with phthalates, as long as those items were made before Feb. 10. That could allow toys with phthalates to remain on the shelves for years, with no way for parents to know which toys contain the chemicals, Feinstein says.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The point is that lawmakers determined that the chemical is dangerous but rather than forcing stores to remove toys made with the chemical they are allowing it to remain on the shelves. Seemed dangerous to me.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have not even looked up the chem. yet so dummy me is arguing a mute point. but, here are soome key points, "lawmakers decided" this seems like the same thing like the radon scare where the company decided it was unsafe, they set the limits, and solutions, and if i am not mistaken it was a lawmaker that owned the company or at least was heavly involved, that scam (which is what it is) cost alot of people alot of money for absolutly nothing. And nothing was ever done and to top it off they (realestate) some are still req. the test to be done and they are connected to the business doing it wtf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts