Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to HO, but I'm just wondering if a certain level of knowledge and experience is generally assumed to be had by prospective HO's, since I never see it mentioned? Or can you be relatively green as long as you pay your share of the expenses, help out where needed, and are willing to learn?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I never have problems with green HOs as long as they let me know. Personally, I love introducing people to offshore fishing and as long as they are honest as to their experience level, I know what to expect. It's a lot better than when someone says they know what their doing and look at you funny when you ask them to clear the teaser line or rig a ballyhoo. The key is be willing to learn, work hard (especially cleanup time) and pitch for fuel/bait/ice. Oh yeah, no black soled shoes or nanners.
OC Fishing Center

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
What ever you do, dont drop a $1000 rod & reel overboard!!!!!:D I am far from a pro and never mind having someone that can look up to me as a mentor. Just be honest and willing to help. Martin

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Teaching someone and seeing their reaction to the offshore adventure is the greatest thing in the world...If your HO"ing, dont be afraid to say"I dont know / never done this before"....we were all there and I still learn every time I am out there, and I have been at this over 20 years....Be respectful of the boat, equipment, and Captian, and you will be invited back--at least on my boat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts