Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Craig had an idea about making some homemade mojos, for the following reasons.

-More hair and a fuller pattern as store bought mojos are often too sparse and have gaps under water.
-Better Hair - Most mojos are made with straight nylon hair. This crinkled nylon has much more action.
-More flash
-Bigger eyes
-Cost - the mojos below cost roughly $4-5/each
-Building them - I like building stuff.

So, with that said, here are some homemade mojos made out of inline trolling weights. They look stellar underwater. The white is 16oz, and the chart is 20oz.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

· Registered
2,715 Posts
Man those look great, maybe you should give me a dozen for field trials.:D I dont know about that tinsel stuff , it always get tangled on my rigs without carefull handleing and i end up cutting it off. Looks good to the fisherman but i dont think it does much imo, b-mail me for my address;-)

· Registered
3,362 Posts
look like parachutes to me, but awesome idea. take a demel & cut a channel in the top of the lead, put in a eyelet, repour over the channel & it should run truer.

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
look like parachutes to me, but awesome idea. take a demel & cut a channel in the top of the lead, put in a eyelet, repour over the channel & it should run truer.
They tend to track well already. I applied the eyes in a way so that one split ring is used to affix the hook. In this manner, the hook tip acts as a keel and keeps the eyes horizontal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.