Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Felt like seeing some new scenery so launched with my buddy Dave out of Gootee's Saturday about noon. We fished jigs and topwater lures mostly back in the river and on the points where we could find current behind Hooper's. No problem catching fish, but mostly blues and short stripers, no bigger fish at all. Worked our way out to the bridge and flagged down Francis who was chugging out toward the Bay with a pretty lady on board. Said he found some good current and got his limit at a spot we'd tried earlier back up river, so we headed that way. Sure enough, fish were there this time, and we had about 45 minutes of steady hook-ups staying with them until dark. Nothing photo-quality, maybe the biggest was 23 inches, but Dave managed a very nice flounder on a pink Strike King Zulu. I'm still learning that area, but seemed like a tough day overall. The sunset bite saved the day. (Thanks Francis.) Very nice cruising back up the canal with the sky lit up like fire.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Pretty Flatty Shawn, good report! i was down at Gootee's looking at boats the other day and really wished I could have fished...just looked like a good place to head out of!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Dave/Shawn - nice report, Dave did you trailer your Cat down there or Crockett's Reel?

We need to setup a reunion date for CBBT 08'!!!

-Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts