Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Annapolis at 715 AM with Rob , 47 miles south was the plan.
I told rob that when we see 45 degree water we would stop.

About six miles short of my mark, I got a call from the Judge Yacht Fellas that they had already limited so we stop to join the party.

Ran my usual 6 rods, 4 on the riggers and two deep flatlines.

After getting set up it took us a while, then 3 rods go down at once.

Bill with a nice 39 inch rock

Rob lost 1 at the boat and i grabbed the third rod to pull another 39 in.

After boating two fish, i bumped the boat in gear and,, FISH on rob released a nice fatty

she was tailin here

So cleaned up the mess get the rods back out, Call greg and skip to see how there doin and BAM, Rod goes off and it was takin line big time, Turned out to be 2- 39 rock on a white tandem rig and Rob reels in 2 nice fish!!

so now we have 5 caught 1 lost at the boat and shortly after that i get a 25 inch on a small bucktail with a bass assasin trailer WOOHOO.

Pulled up lines at 230 and took off for Annapolis at 3pm totally flat calm, back at the dock at 5pm.

Greg thanks for the call, Maybe oneday ill get 31 fish,,,

Bill

·
Registered
562 Posts
Saw ya out there yesterday
Nice looking ride!
We were in the 23 Robalo - Amberjack
We rolled around noon
We caught 8 missed 3, we were also pullin a couple more rods than you guys
I think the fish can smell the oysters on Skip's boat and try to come aboard for a treat
Still waitin for my day to break 30 as well
Good luck out there

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
Glad you guys got into them - we saw you head back north- you best send the weatherman a gift , he sure gave you a nice flat bay to head home over :thumbup:.

Gotta love two on one rod :clapping2:.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
:thumbup:Glad to see you got into them after all your efforts. That was a phenomenal morning

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Taylor, Not sure, didnt fill up but if i were to guess??

25 gallons.
5 gall an hour at 25knots cruise
1 gall an hour on troll
Im a trailer hater!!!
Wow! awesome economy :thumbup: I think I burned that yesterday and I trailered to the ramp in solomons. I probably burned about 16 gal in the boat and 13 in the truck :eek:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I heard you and other guys on the radio,congrats.Man,what a great day it was :clap:

·
Registered
956 Posts
mmyers, these guys were WAY north of you in Maryland. Mid Bay is pretty much dead right now. I can't figure out why those northern Bay fish have not come our way.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Awesome job Bill! You guys who haven't rode in our witnessed what a Bimini marine boat can do are missing out big time. I fished offshore with Bill in solid 5 foot seas and that little boat handled it great. Charters on 40 footers were crying the blues about rough seas and we just rolled along. Not to mention the 60 mile run to and back. The best part is the fuel burn. Saying it sips fuel is an understatement. So is that gonna be the main course for Saturday Bill?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts