Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today with Burt and Louis Glaser and Chuck (Flounderman2001) on Burt's old Rebalo "with a Tuna Tower" as we called it from C Dock at Taylors at 9:00am. We were focused on catching the fish at the "two hour before change of current" time that would be appox. at 11:00am armed with eels and bobbers for drifting. Weatherman had the forecast perfect with light SW and a flood current. Headed to the 4A and found lots of bait and occassional marks. Right around 11:00am the first fish is on, a 40" caught by Louis. About 15 minutes later Burt's got a 39" in the box. Then Chuck hooks up with a big one but it throws the hook as it got near the boat. Then we notice just a little ways off from us is birds beehiving and only three boats nearby.

We pull up to the birds put out baits and just as I was letting my line out a striper hits my eel and off we go. Then the line tangles with one of our lines and the Powerpro knots on it. Burt manages to cut the Powerpro off and I pull him in, a 38 " fish, just as two more rods go off. It was wild. Fish on the deck flopping as more are brought in. In no time we've got our limit. Then VMRC comes around. And we are gone. Louis, catches our last fish that we kept as he was pulling in the lines. I called out on the VHF about the fish and birds and VMRC as we left for Taylors. 8 quality fish 36-40" one 29" throwback.:D
Great fishing with you Louis and Chuck, as usual. Nice meeting you Burt and thanks for having me on your boat. We were back in by 1:30pm. Great fishing in a short time. Here's the pics at the dock.

Louis, Chuck, me & Burt.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice work Ike and crew!

Wish I could have made it instead of working!

Glad ya got into them!!!!

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Pretty work Burt and crew...... good lookin' fish ya'll got there:D

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
WOW, and I have to W-O-R-K.....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Purdy work guys!! It was back to work for me today.:(

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Good old Burt

Bert's the man for sure. One of the nicest fellow fisherman/friend's I know. He fishes with us offshore all season & is AAAAA list all the way

I don't believe Bert goes on Tidalfish so he doesn't have access to the wealth of ho's that most have but he has a nice boat, tons of experience on the water & is allways looking to meet good people. He works on a boat so his shift is 7 on & 7 off. He loves to get out as much as possible. If some of you good T-F people are intrested in fishing with a top notch guy then send me a B-mail & I'll give Bert a call to get a trip going. His boat was set up for offshore but because of the cost of fuel now a days it's been easier for him to ride with us so he's gonna be doing the inshore thing as much as poss to keep his boat from sitting too long.

Bert didn't ask me to write this & I'm sure most of you on this board don't know who I am either but when I stumbled across this post, it made me happy to see Burts been out getting um good. All I can say is, this is 1 super good guy. I hope some of you have the chance to meet him. You wont be dissapointed!!!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
WTG Bert and crew!!! Nice looking feesh!!! :D

Bert is one hell of a guy! He will give your kids nicknames... Like HAMMERHEAD... :rolleyes: (Yeah, the name fits)... But, it sure is good to see ole' Bert out catching em' up...

Becko-

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Becky and Bill,
I agree, Burt/Bert (sp?) is a great guy to fish with and I'm glad I did. It was a good one too and I'm glad we were able to get into them. Today's fishing is what we striper fishermen dream about. We were operating on Louis' plan today. He just knew we were going to catch some action there. And right he was! It doesn't get much better than this (only bigger:D ).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great report Ike. We're gonna try'em today.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yesterday I had the pleasure to meet and fish with another boat Skipper "BURT".
The fishing was hot and heavy there for awhile on the bite.
At one time I was tending 3 Rods with Fish On them.One with a rod Louis handed me,one of my own and my other one I had jammed with my foot in a corner of the boat to keep it from going overboard.:D
Lost that BIG one at the boat:( but I at least got to see it's size first.:)
As always, great fishing with Louis & Ike whenever I can.
Nice pictures Ike but you didn't get one of the Whale that was there OR did you?
Will have to try and repeat yesterday's catch again today.:D :D
Regards

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Stripers W/Eels-Fellow TFer's Do It Again

Way to go Chuck, Ike, Burt, & Louis, but stop it please-because some of have to work! It's definitely killing me as I drive my desk here in Richmond and currently be boatless!!!! :D :D :D

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

CCA, Boatless, Tog Virgin:D :D :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nice report and pictures Ike! Nice seeing you guys and thanx for the call over- we never did find the actual area you guys were in and when we did find you y'all were quick on the limit and running home!!! Pretty Work- thats a pretty boat Burt is running too! Craig

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
114 Posts
Dr. Ike,

What size bobbers are you using and could you show a picture of one? Thx.

Great catch !

Guy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts