Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Most fish said to be caught in the hot ditch are not actually caught in the hot ditch...as Chad suggested. Of course the only fish I've ever seen caught in that area came from as far in the ditch as you can actually get in a kayak and cast to. If you go there fish around the bridge pilings, the oyster bars around the mouth of Deep Creek and go up Deep Creek and make a left into the old barge basin.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Call Steve at Chesapeake Bait and Tackle and he will give you the no BS report on what is there, when it's there, where to launch and what to catch it with.

Tip for yakkers: If you go to the closest ramp, pay $5 to park and do NOT use the ramp. Use the beach or pay $10 ramp fee.

·
Registered
580 Posts
THE HOT DITCH SUCKS!

Yes, there are a few monster speckled trout in there. I even saw a couple guys catch one. I hooked one 16" or so spec in there and that was it for the 4? times I've been there. You can't eat the fish. By the way, if you want to catch the specs, the time to go there is now. What some people don't want you to know is that most of the citation specs are caught there in October and November. Ride over the 64 bridge and you will see them! They aren't in there croaker fishing.

This winter, I don't plan on going. I'll try for ocean run striper off the beach a few times in January if I get a chance. Once they go offshore in February, I'm just going to hang up my poles and do something else until the shad run at the end of March.

Tom

·
Registered
253 Posts
"This winter, I don't plan on going. I'll try for ocean run striper off the beach a few times in January if I get a chance. Once they go offshore in February, I'm just going to hang up my poles and do something else until the shad run at the end of March. "

I call BS on this quote.

·
Registered
255 Posts
As Chad said: Its $10 to use the access there (Which includes using the ramp, not using the ramp, driving really fast and stopping short of the ramp and flinging your plastic yacht from your vehicle) and $5.00 for each additional vehicle. They have an honor box there to use after hours. I talked with Jack there and he told me these details.

Chespeake Yachts Inc
Phone: 757-487-9100
1700 Shipyard Rd
Chesapeake VA 23323-5502

·
Registered
107 Posts
I talked to the owner last year when I went there for the second time. He didn't have a problem with me paying just for parking since I wasn't using his ramp. I'll talk to him again. If he wants 10 bucks, okay. I told you what he said to me last year. And Juke wasn't there during the conversation as I recall.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your right George I wasn't there. But as I said, when I called the place after hearing conflicting info, they said $10.00. That does not mean you right or wrong, and I don't care. It means that when I called them that it what they said. It's pretty easy to live with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.