Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the area of the river yesterday from sunrise to eleven, Trolled mostly but cast some, only had one hookup and it came unbuttoned. Didnt see a single fish caught and talked to one boater that had four keepers and another that said he caught a bunch of small ones and a keeper. About 25 boats out. I havent fished the ditch/river in about 10 years,back when the norfolk steel plant was still there and it was a very nasty looking place, i used to only cast jigs and mirrorlures and did well , then it became popular to fish bait on the bottom/or bobber or troll lures and people really started catching alot of and big fish. I cant belive how many fish it now, looked like a sat wireline session at the third, well maybe not but there was alot out there, and it looked a little better without all that chit floatin around from the steel plant, still aint a scenic place though. Good luck if you go , im sure its still good there we just had a slow day.

·
Registered
78 Posts
25 boats that not that many for there since the internet boards have came about. Used to see 10 at the most all day I have been wondering when all the fishing preasure was going to put a hurting on that resorce looks like it might be starting to show. This year there has been more people fishing that year than ever and in one day I counted 61 boats from steal bridge to DC locks just a matter of time before it gets overfished

·
Registered
19 Posts
My son and I fished the area today and brought home 12 at a 4 Lb average with one 5.7 lb citation. We released 5 others in the 4lb range. A very good day. Fished from 7:30m till 2:00 PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts