Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in Western Branch part of Chesapeake and close to City Park ramp in Portsmouth. Is that the best ramp to get to the hot ditch - someone mentioned towing down to Great Bridge by the locks and its a shorter ride. Dont want to go in at the Jordan Bridge with a nice truck with wheels I want to keep. I didn't think that boat yard near the ditch allows day boaters to use their ramp for a fee????

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can use the ramp for a day fee of $10.00 at Chesapeake Yachts, Inc. It is right there. You are supposed to call them first, provide your information, and have them mail you a parking permit to avoid being towed. Kim in the office may allow you to make other arrangements and get you parking pass on the spot if you ask. Tight lines.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK - forgive my lack of knowledge on this one but what can you keep right now in the Ditch?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jordan bridge ramp is OK and is a short trip--I've had no issues there. The Locks Park Ramp at Great Bridge is also pretty good but slightly longer trip (shorter than City Park ramp though). Chesapeake Yachts Inc. is right there. Up to 10 Speckled Trout (minimum 14 inches) may be kept unless you are fishing on the property at Dominion Power in the warm water discharge of the power plant--then it's C&R. A containment boom segregates Dominion Power property discharge from Elizabeth River access. Red drum 3 fish limit 18-26 inches. I catch and release everything from the Elizabeth River. Check VMRC for current regulations (http://www.mrc.state.va.us/regulations/swrecfishingrules.shtm).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts