Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Hot Ditch about 8:30 this morning. New Christmas presents to try out, 2 new kayaks and one fishfinder. Launched our Kayaks at Chesapeake Yachts, Lot and lots of boats at the ditch, at the Eliz. River, at the creek, at the cove, boats everywhere! Trolled down to the cove and it looked like a parking lot, so we eased back out in the creek and started marking lots of bait. Tried casting with no luck so I switched over to jigging, fish on! Small but it was a fish, caught a couple more then my daughter hooks up with one ( I taught her how to fish:clapping2:) A little while later her boyfriend whats his name catches one. Kinda slow so we went back to the bridge, marked lots of bait and caught a few around the bait. Trolled down to the ditch and nothing, did yall know there is no water going to the ditch? Dang man! Anyway back to the bridge and jigged up a few more before heading home. Water was way way low. All the new toys worked great, new fish finder was the deal:thumbup:!! Portable Humminbird 120 fishing buddy. Total catch was 18, all small maybe 4 keepers but all were released for another day. Great day on the water!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That ncstatenate guy lies:eek2:.....or he was dreaming again. We had fun even if whats his name was with us. I just read on another post of someone catching a 20" trout and a 17" puppydrum the same time we were there. I'm ready for something a little bigger than 13.5"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts