Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fishing the ditch, do you use mostly minnows, swimming lures or jigs, etc. I may have a chance to go this weekend---have only fished Rudee a couple of times for specks. Then casted jigs and hopped them along the bottom--not too successful.

·
Registered
33 Posts
you see people fishing everything from berkley power baits, to jerk baits. Mirror lures work gosod and a lot of people fish live minnows under bobbers. i personally dont use the live bait, it seems a little boring. you will have to put in time to see what works for you!! I had a pretty good winter fishing their, got my first speck citation!!
good luck if you go!! Brett

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I have fished the Hotditch quite a bit this year and seem to finally catch a good amount of specks each time we go out. With that being said live bait under bobbers works great. I have had way better luck with minnows than artificial lures. Its just like eeling for stripers try different depths with bobbers and switch it up as the bite becomes more consistent. I have however found that when fishing the cove its usually between 24-36 inches. good luck

Brandon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts