Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my dad and daughters to the hot ditch new years eve. Several boats in the cove. Had the first fish on before I got the full spread out. IT was like that for the next 3 hours. Had probably 46 bites and I hate to admit we only caught 22 fish. Seems my girls and dad a listening problem. After I put 4 in a row in the boat they started paying more attention to the technique and started catching.

Both girls caught personal best trout at 23.5 inches and my dad had the whopper for the day at 30 inches!! Dad still doesn't understand the magnitude of catching a fish that big. He took the hook out, measured it, took a pic, threw it over and said " I need another minnow for that rod". I was just amazed at his nonchalance on that fish.

I think I finally got him to realize how big it was when he looked at the release citation data for this year and only two others were bigger than his.

It was a great day and we caught fish. The girls had personal records and dad caught a fish of a lifetime. Can't wait for the next trip. THink my kids can handle a trip to the triangles for sea bass???

·
Registered
839 Posts
Great Report! Sounds Like a good time was had by all and your dad deserves a pat on the back for releasing that horse of a trout.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts