Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Jon at Kayak Fishing Stuff and paid off my new Yak. It will be here Friday and I will be fishing this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

ps. KFS is a great company to deal with and they provide superior service and information. Please support those that support our sport.[grin][grin][grin]

·
Registered
575 Posts
I ordered my new Tarpon 160i from KFS last Wednesday and picked it up at the freight terminal in Norfolk on Monday. I'm very happy with the service they provided. Their pricing is a little higher when you throw the $80 freight on it but the 10% off sale they are having right now made it about right. I would say definately call them if you can't find the yak you want or the color you want locally, or if they are having a sale like now.

Oh yeah, I love my new kayak.

Tom

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
I bought their $99 kayak caddy last week.it's going to make hauling down trails & gravel nice n easy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welllll, Kayaking ain't for me. I have a Hobie Outback Fisherman special for sale. Used one time in perfect shape. comes with all the goodies. Cart, cooler, tackle box, paddle. $1300 and I will deliver within 50 miles. They go for $1675.00 at Bass Pro.
Russ @ 410-360-2139 or [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you do an el rollo? Theirs two types of kayakers thoes who have fliped and thoes who are going to flip![grin]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I couldn't peddle the thing. I am way out of shape. I didn't think I was going to get back in.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Maybe try a small lake or pond and once you get in better shape try bigger water. I think I'm in better shape because of kayak fishing.

I have the Hobie Sport and think it's a great fishing kayak.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Russ, don't give up to quickly. Find someone to go out with. Start off slow. Buy a paddle if you don't already have one. Peddle for awhile then paddle for awhile.
When I started 1 1/2 year ago I could only paddle about half mile out then back to the launch site. By fall striper season I was paddling a mile out to the SBC at the CBBT.
It takes time to get into shape. If you really want it, go after it.

Robert

·
Registered
284 Posts
You can fish the tourney with a FOR SALE sign on it and probably get rid of it quickly...hint hint wink wink nod nod
Chad

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
Don't do it.Like the others said don't go on any Ferlongs at first.That's when you went too fer & stayed too long

1 - 12 of 12 Posts