Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I was shocked to learn they stopped making Hot Pink Fireline, which became my line of choice for my manly man baitcasters. Just when I was ready to spool up my spin reels with my favorate, I learned the sad news. However PowerPro now has a Red line that isn't as bright as Hot Pink, but; I can still see it!!! Seems to me the PowerPro is a bit stiffer then Fireline, but; I really coundn't tell by just feeling it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
dont use the power pro, the color bleeds very fast, but then again, after it loses most of its color it turns into your manly man pink

G

·
John, Happy New Year.. I;m sure you find your hot pink line on E Bay. Just because they stopped making it, doesn;t mean its not around.. I'll keep my eyes out for you also. What pound test for that BC, 30, 40, 50 ???:D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
New TF poster !

Blakesdad, welcome to TF! ;) Look forward to your posts.:eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Fireline

GB according to the power pro web site you can color PP any color you want,just use a permanent marker and run it up and down the spool.You could even make it like a rainbow if you would like:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
"Account Suspended" after two posts. :D
That has to be a record...

Graymug... Looks like Berkley dropped pink in favor of its newest color, 'Crystal'.
There was "NOBODY" more surprised than I to see that Blakesdad was alive and well.. Dead now, but fun while it lasted...

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eminent Brothers,
A lusty Welcome and harty handskake to Blakesdad!!!! but isn't E-bay......on the eastern shore somewhere south of kent narrows??? Anyway I was looking for some 15# and 30# Hot Pink Fireline. The red PowerPro just doesn't have the "pop" of my favorate Fireline.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brother Graybeard, We know it is officially winter now because you are on here discussing line color once again. Welcome back.Now what other equipement questions do you have on tap for us this winter?

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I see where this E-Bay stuff is the real thing. I guess I'll give it a try and see if I can work my way through the E-bay process and buy me some more Hot Pink Fireline. I wonder if they have jig heads:???? As for my equipment questions.....I really don't have any right now. But.....I put my thinking cap on and think of something relevant.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does Line Color really matter other than in the eyes of the fisherman??? Just curious if there is proven evidence when fishing inshore, I know for sure offshore it does................. Not to derail the thread but just looking for info on the topic. I have used virtually every line you can name with no real evidence to line color,I do use floro leaders most of the time but my line choice has been based on feel of the line and durabilty and castability, with a little knot tying and knot resistance tied in. Curious what others may be thinking on the topic..........

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Hey GB, I'm going to spool one baitcaster with Cajun Red and give it a try. The stuff absolutely disappears underwater yet is highly visable to the angler. The guys down south swear by it. Anglers also carries it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Does Line Color really matter other than in the eyes of the fisherman??? Just curious if there is proven evidence when fishing inshore, I know for sure offshore it does................. Not to derail the thread but just looking for info on the topic. I have used virtually every line you can name with no real evidence to line color,I do use floro leaders most of the time but my line choice has been based on feel of the line and durabilty and castability, with a little knot tying and knot resistance tied in. Curious what others may be thinking on the topic..........
Of course it does. But unless you coordinate it with the color of your rod, it doesn't make any difference. Graybeard can give you chapter and verse on just why you have to have hot pink line on a green rod:eek: !

TED

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
our emminence is leading the "fashion" way for us , again! the '07 season ought to see some fantastic "glitter" by greybeard, for us all to feast our eyes yupon.thank god for md boys...they so "chic"!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts