Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend Ed said that great yellow perch fishing at Allens Fresh. Make sure to have plenty of minnows, grassshrimp or mealworms as bait. Ed said you will be able to catch your limit with no problem. Enjoy your fishing.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Where is Allens Fresh? I have heard of it, but have no idea where it is located. I can not seem to find it on my map of Southern Maryland.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I've fished Allen's Fresh since the early 70's and it's way too early for them to be in the head waters . Possible to get some decent yellows in the deep water bends of the Nanjemoy though , above Friendship Landing , but you'll need a boat . Keep your eye's out for any Gene Mueller reports in the Times . He'll let you know when they show up .

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I live 1.5 miles from allens fresh, It`s been froze over for 2 weeks now! GOOD LUCK! Jeff
I knew it was BS.:yes: This is no BS though . Nice sized ring perch are being caught in a variety of spillway locations in southwestern Delaware . Plenty of crappies as well . I'm not gonna spot burn any further than that . If you want more info , call Jerry Taylor at Taylored Tackle : 302-629-9107

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
So, Mr Rose, let me get this correct, you think a NEW TF member, who just joined weeks ago, and his first post is about YP @ Allens Fresh, this early is BS ???
Fishermen don't lie sir.....;-)

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
So, Mr Rose, let me get this correct, you think a NEW TF member, who just joined weeks ago, and his first post is about YP @ Allens Fresh, this early is BS ???
Fishermen don't lie sir.....;-)
:yes:
Ken and Jimmy were fishing on a pier. Ken started telling the old one that the night before he caught a bass that was over 3 1/2 foot long. Jimmy replied "Oh yea, well I was here 2 nights ago and I hooked something huge. After a 45 minute fight I finaly got it up and it was an old lantern and the thing was still lit." Ken said "You're lying. I don't believe a word of your story." Then Jimmy said "I'll tell you what, you knock two feet off your smallmouth and I'll blow out my lantern."

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I agree that they are not at the headwaters yet. Mike and Herb have been having their best luck in areas below their normal spawning areas.

My kitchen has smelled of YP cooking, for the past 4 days.

Ele

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was up in Massachusetts this weekend. Talked to Ice Fishermen fishing for YP- it was unreal. They had over 100 nice YP. No limit up there. Lake Pontusac. just really really cool, Cant wait to get them up out of Waysons.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Mike and others-

Are all the little boat ramps on private land there?

I would like to get out to the cedars and below but don't want to run the big boat all the way up from the Wicomico.

I normally just fish Nanjemoy because the boat ramp is right there and free. . .

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Mike and others-

Are all the little boat ramps on private land there?

I would like to get out to the cedars and below but don't want to run the big boat all the way up from the Wicomico.

I normally just fish Nanjemoy because the boat ramp is right there and free. . .
The closest ramp I know of is Budd's Landing at the end of Coffee Hill Rd off of Rt 234 . I haven't been down there in years so I don't have anymore info Francis . DNR doesn't even show this ramp but it does show one just a little below at Wicomico Shores . Maryland's Public Boat Ramp Query

1 - 20 of 26 Posts