Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to take some kids on a long boat ride and I know there will be much swimming. Trying to avoid the jellies as much as possible so I ask for a jelly update. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
Looking to take some kids on a long boat ride and I know there will be much swimming. Trying to avoid the jellies as much as possible so I ask for a jelly update. Thanks.
I would be more worried about the nasty water than the jellyfish. I won't let my Son get in any bay water. Sad because I swam daily in Eastern Bay in the 60's. Saw some in the South today...... Gary

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I live between the bridges and have only seen a couple the last few days. Ran a trot line outside of Glebe Creek Thursday and only saw one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I will not let my grandkids swim in the South River. Was a water tester for several years and will not go in myself.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will not let my grandkids swim in the South River. Was a water tester for several years and will not go in myself.
We swim all the time and enjoy the time on and in the water. People get sick every day traveling through airports, but that doesn't keep me from flying. I hope your grandkids grow up strong and healthy and I am hope my kids survive a fun day without a jellyfish sting.

I am not looking for scientific studies about water quality, tumors in catfish, or who allows whom to swim in the Bay. I was simply asking about the jellyfish. Thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry! Did not intend to imply how to enjoy the river. Just sharing my personal decision for what it's worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts