Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11 degrees in West River this morning.

Sweet! Kill all them pesky bugs and mosquitos real good!

Hope no one has any frozen pipes or vehicle problems.

Go Ravens!:cool2:

·
Registered
242 Posts
9º in North East at 5:08AM and now that the wind is kicking up, -21º wind chill at 8:04AM.

Update... At 8:38AM with the wind at 19 MPH, -23º wind chill!!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, double Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
How cold you ask Dave??

Well...the creek across the street is frozen. So I said.."cool..Brett and I can play alittle pond hockey when he gets home from school. Being the good dad, I wanted to check the thickness first, so I threw a good sized rock on it to see if the ice budged. It hit with a loud thunk and the ice didnt budge...were in business I thought to myself...so I proceeded to step out onto the ice. I stood there for a minute and then CRACK...down I went!!! Fortunately the water in this creek is only about shin deep, but %&$#! was it cold!!!

My Fat arse ran across the street and into the house, Immediately took my boots and socks off, and my feet are still numb!!

I gotta go on a diet!

:D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
QUOTE=Butthead;1257996]How cold you ask Dave??

Well...the creek across the street is frozen. So I said.."cool..Brett and I can play alittle pond hockey when he gets home from school. Being the good dad, I wanted to check the thickness first, so I threw a good sized rock on it to see if the ice budged. It hit with a loud thunk and the ice didnt budge...were in business I thought to myself...so I proceeded to step out onto the ice. I stood there for a minute and then CRACK...down I went!!! Fortunately the water in this creek is only about shin deep, but %&$#! was it cold!!!

My Fat arse ran across the street and into the house, Immediately took my boots and socks off, and my feet are still numb!!

I gotta go on a diet!

:D[/QUOTE]

:hysterical:[

·
Registered
373 Posts
I worked last night Baltimore City Fire Department, we had a small bedroom fire, then instant ice rink outside from some of the water we were throwing. Makes you appreciate those 80-90 degree Summer days.

Timbass:cool2:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK All, It is cold everywhere right now.

Rod had the best comeback but all are great!

I took the day off and met friends at Shockers in Edgewater for lunch and then went to Mikes on SR for more brews and some oysters.

SR wasnt even frozen. Too much water movement I guess.

Stay safe all and lets check in tomorrow am on temps and whatever.

Think SF!

Go Ravens! WTF are the Steelers? They dont crab. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
10 Degrees colder and it would be JUST PERFECT! Went duck hunting this morning - thermometer read 7 degrees.

Found a nice lee shore in the sun killed one goose and eight mallards (with another guy just as crazy as me) - I ALMOST put on gloves. Yeah...I am crazy but I love it! Didn't bring oysters this morning - damn things keep freezing in this weather.

All kidding aside...it IS dangerous when you try to hunt in this weather - if you go BE CAREFULL..I know we are.:yes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I worked last night Baltimore City Fire Department, we had a small bedroom fire, then instant ice rink outside from some of the water we were throwing. Makes you appreciate those 80-90 degree Summer days.

Timbass:cool2:
This is fire season.....just make sure the pump is in gear and you got a "dump" line going.....
if you don't keep water going you won't have any, it's gonna all be frozen.

As for the "bright" ones that want to stand on the thin ice......:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Thermom shows 11 again this morning.

And....................they are predicting snow!!!!!!!!!!!! Not much accumulation though I dont think. Awwwwwwwww.

My snowthrower is starving.

Go Ravens!:cool2:l

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey JB!

Dont worry, youll be "headed down ne ocean" next week end wont you?

It should be nice and warm in OC then. Hope you and Beth are well. I am going to try to get down there too. Not sure if I will be able to spend the night or not.

We will see. Ill definitley see you at SF in Feb!

DB

1 - 20 of 43 Posts