Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW TO BAY FISHING AND NEED A LITTLE ADVICE ON OUR SPREAD. WE WERE OUT THE OTHER DAY AND CAUGHT SOME REAL NICE ONES OVER 40 INCHES BUT WE PULLED LINES ALL DAY ONLY HAVING ONE BIGHT UNTIL WE PUT SOME MORE WEIGHT ON THE TANDEMS AND WITHIN AN HOUR WE GOT OUR LIMIT. THIS TIME WE ARE GOING TO GO AT IT A LITTLE DIFFERENT. WE ARE GOING TO TRY OUR LINES AT ALL DIFERENT DEPTHS AND WITH DIFFERENT COLOR SHADS. CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME A LITTLE ADVICE SO I DON'T HAVE TO GO AT IT WITH THIS TRIAL AND ERROR METHOD:bigfish:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Nope... trial and error is how its done. Know how deep your gear is, and then fine tune it once you find marks on the meter. It would be pointless for someone to tell you to set your gear at 30', and for you to get out there to your fishing grounds only to find out that the fish are suspended in 25'... its best to stagger the depths a little bit, and then dial the gear in once you start seeing fish on the meter, or once they start peeling drag!:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
You caught some fish, better than some people do. I am with twiskman, use a variety of colors and weights and adjust to the fish on that particular day.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Bottom.
Drop the caps, it's hard to read.

Twistman got it.

I'd put something deep, I know is deep.
Something I know is running high, and adjust from there.
according to marks or hits.

·
Registered
738 Posts
You should Ho with someone like Skip or charter capt kyle to see how they run there spreads. like the other guy's said you will find what works for you. Every day is different and you sent the rods to the conditions. Try to work the water colum as best as possible from no weight to heavy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts