Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today in Investor's Business Daily stock analysis and business news

As we've noted, 2008 has been a year of records for cold and snowfall and may indeed be the coldest year of the 21st century thus far. In the U.S., the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration registered 63 local snowfall records and 115 lowest-ever temperatures for the month of October.

Global thermometers stopped rising after 1998, and have plummeted in the last two years by more than 0.5 degrees Celsius. The 2007-2008 temperature drop was not predicted by global climate models. But it was predictable by a decline in sunspot activity since 2000...:yes:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Has Mars ended it's global warming too???? Or did they have a drastic reduction this year in fossil fuel usage also?

:D

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
I believe solar activity says it all.

BTW Did you hear someone say something about fossil fuel usage other than the voices in your head?

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I believe solar activity says it all.

BTW Did you hear someone say something about fossil fuel usage other than the voices in your head?
Ok so what do you say to this evidence?

#2 (permalink) 09-05-2007, 04:45 PM
ratherfish
Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish! Join Date: Apr 2004

Either it's a cycle or there are legions of unseen SUV's operating on the dark sides of Mars and Saturn causing the same phenom.
#15 (permalink) 03-04-2008, 04:00 PM
ratherfish

The bottom line is that if it isn't a normal solar cycle event why is it also happening on mars and saturn??????????????

We should seek clean air because we breathe, not because of the Goracles vodoo hype.

12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
ratherfish

Or move to Mars, Saturn etc.

No wait, they have the same issue.

Alzhiemers must be a real *****..... *****.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
You can't seem to hold a thought through a nights binge alkie.

Global warming doesn't exist. Find info on recent temperature changes on mars and venus for personal edification if you need too.

Otherwise just continue pounding them down and cursing at the monitor as usual.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
The Buzz

NEED-TO-KNOW NEWS

NASA/Getty Images​

Playing it cool

Global warming has stopped. Carbon dioxide emissions have not decreased. And climatologists the world over are taking notice. A 231-page report that documents skepticism of climate change alarmism dropped this month citing the views of some 650 prominent international scientists. The document, an update from a 2007 U.S. Senate Minority Report that cited 400 dissenters, directly challenges the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a UN body warning of calamitous climate outcomes if greenhouse-gas emissions are not substantially reduced.
Among this new batch of dissenters are some former members of the IPCC, who have since come to disagree with the view that global warming is man-made. "Global warming has become a new religion," Nobel Prize-winning physicist Ivar Giaever announces at the document's outset. "I am a skeptic."

WORLD Magazine | Today's News, Christian Views

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

Global warming doesn't exist. Find info on recent temperature changes on mars and venus for personal edification if you need too.

Yes..... and according to Sen. McCain the economy is in great shape.:))

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Why can't we all agree that there just isn't enough evidence to be sure of anything? I mean how hard is it for us to admit we may not be smart enough at this point in history to figure it out? For em these discussions are about as useful as arguing over the existance of god.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts

Damn and I was hoping you'd have all the information I need on Mars warming and cooling trends.

Guess not.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why can't we all agree that there just isn't enough evidence to be sure of anything? I mean how hard is it for us to admit we may not be smart enough at this point in history to figure it out? For em these discussions are about as useful as arguing over the existance of god.
Because most of the people on this forum have to argue. Knowing what they are arguing about does not seem to be important. Trying to argue trends using only a year or two of data is about as foolish as it gets. Global transitions take centuries and people here want to argue global issues using short term data.

They are not really arguing about the weather. There isn't a scientist on the forum with enough education or experience in global warming to debate the subject intelligently. It is really the politics that they are arguing. Some people feel a need to blame everything on someone other than themselves and assume that everything that is done in the world somehow effects them.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
I'll go for the opinions of "650 prominent international scientists" rather than those of any sp global warming junkie here or in the Goracles camp.

Some people are just zombies. 52% to be exact.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The problem with waiting; if the practices we used 50 yrs ago are only now effecting our environment it will take decades to realize their extent , time to find alternatives and more time to correct the damage. CFCs in refrigerant and aresols are a good documented example.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Russ, Stanley, ER

The problem with admitting we don't know is that our government (a.k.a. you) is already spending billions on ridiculous ideas as if global warming is a proven fact. Everyone tends to forget that. I will take the approach that we do not know for sure, so let's stop wasting billions attacking those windmills (Don Quixote reference-not Kennedy:D) and use the money for real research (alternative fuel) for 100 yrs. from now when we may actually run out of oil.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
EPA is now considering regulation and taxation of "mobile sources of greenhouse gasses" AKA COWS!

Proposals are being batted around that would amount to $100 to $200 per head for ranchers and dairy operations. If passed many of these operations will go out of business.

Another example of the liberals false victimization campaign (victim sick earth) to actually oppress the innocent (meat and dairy eaters and ranchers).

Stand by....the shows only starting!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
EPA is now considering regulation and taxation of "mobile sources of greenhouse gasses" AKA COWS!

Proposals are being batted around that would amount to $100 to $200 per head for ranchers and dairy operations. If passed many of these operations will go out of business.

Another example of the liberals false victimization campaign (victim sick earth) to actually oppress the innocent (meat and dairy eaters and ranchers).

Stand by....the shows only starting!
Sounds like BS to me.:D Did you make this up?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts