Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do you hold the fish out of the water that you are gonna release?
Mine is back in the water in less than 45sec

I cant stand to see someone slap a mechanical grip in there bottom jaw, stand there and look at it while they are talking about how big or how small it is for 2-3 minute's.
PUT THE DAM FISH BACK IN THE WATER!!!!!!! and then talk about it.
The guys on TV are the worse.....................

·
Registered
41 Posts
you lean your lazy lard butt over the side and snap a shot of the fish in the water with the lure. Makes a better action shot and the fish doesnt stress hardly at all.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
As litle as possible. With fish I'm not going to photograph, I'm with Mega Bite, I don't even lift them out of the water.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Till after the love is gone :D:D:eek2::D:D
Hook out photo op over the side

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
We got to the point while trolling that we could land, tag, photo, and release in under 30 secs... thats what I always try to get. If we are running long on time, we skip the photo...

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If it is a smaller fish, I try to release it in the water. Bigger fish are back in the water within 1 minute. I have no camera, so I do not pause for the photo op. I only use treble hooks when I am going to keep fish. Once I have my limit the treble hooks go back in the bag. For C&R I use only single hooks.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
I don't know if how long you can hold your own breath is the best way to judge, some people can hold their breath for over 5 minutes. I usually try to get the fish back in the water in about 30 seconds or less, but they can live much longer out of water in the spring, fall and winter then they can in summer

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
If you listen closely, you'll hear the cry of "uncle." That's when it's time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Zam said,,,,""I don't know if how long you can hold your own breath is the best way to judge"

Sorry Zam,,,But you need to add the 45-60sec of fight time to that.
Let some one wrestle with you HARD, and then stick your head under water for about 45sec...........................
Thats why HEAVY tackle is so important!!

The guys that say,," I caught that 30 pound red fish on 10lb tackle" is a sign of a person that should not be fishing for big fish on light tackle,,,(Ya know).................

1 - 20 of 23 Posts