Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity since I dont have a GPS on my boat , just how long would it takes to get from Queen Anne Marina to North Beach at cruising speed ( 25-30 mph) Thanks .

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
Just out of curiosity since I dont have a GPS on my boat , just how long would it takes to get from Queen Anne Marina to North Beach at cruising speed ( 25-30 mph) Thanks .
It depends on seas condition. If you could cruise at 25-30, it should take you an hour......... Gary

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The real question here is why don't you have a GPS on your boat? They are relatively inexpensive, easy to install and have multiple features including charts, tides, speed and most important coordinates. They also interface with your VHF for Emergency distress beacon.
A GPS is more than a useful tool.....it is basically a safety device........what happens if you break down or have an emergency.....how do you accurately tell responders where you are?
It's the 21st century.......use the available technology.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The real question here is why don't you have a GPS on your boat? They are relatively inexpensive, easy to install and have multiple features including charts, tides, speed and most important coordinates. They also interface with your VHF for Emergency distress beacon.
A GPS is more than a useful tool.....it is basically a safety device........what happens if you break down or have an emergency.....how do you accurately tell responders where you are?
It's the 21st century.......use the available technology.
I want to get one and was thinking about it, but than this is my first boat ever, and I am planning to upgrade to a bigger boat next year, along with fish finder. Also the boat is only in the wet slip till October this year than thats it for fishing for me until i get another boat next year. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts