Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing behind this post, just curious.

Going through my logs from last year, i was on the water (fishing or crabbing) between 90 - 100 days in 2008. I spanned from Pooles island all the way to CBBT (and everywhere between) in my 19 Maycraft.

2008 was certainly a good year for me. I hope this year i can do it all again. I hope my 2009 span goes from the flats to cbbt, cape cod, and montauk.

Of all my trips, i trolled for spanish macs twice , fall rockfish 4 - 5 times, and early summer rockfish 2 - 3 times. For me April - May is reserved for flounder fishing. Other than that, everything else was LTJ'ing for me. I didn't fish the trophy season at all in 2008.

· Registered
3,113 Posts
Good question....as many as I can!!!! I am pretty hard core, or so the wife says, and I guess i get out 100-120 times a year...with a few crabbing trips thrown in for good luck. Most of my fishing is in / off shore Ocean city....23' Maycraft and 27' Albemarle

· Registered
836 Posts
As many as I can. Between quick freshwater pond outings with the kids(10 - 15), days on the Bay(15 - 20), vacation in NC(3-5), I probably only manage around 30. When the little kids get a few years older, I hope I can get the number up to twice/week.

Mike

· Registered
2,834 Posts
25-35 trips out on the flats for C&R. somehow the wifie lets me... I don't question why & don't want to know what she's up to.
10-15 spring summer offshore trips. More or less depending on fuel.
20+ fall flats trips.
1 week in OC in the late fall.
A trip or two to the dam or a lake mixed in.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
I fish at least 2x/week, on average from April to October, which works out to be about 56 times, plus about 10 or so scattered trips outside that window. Some years are better than others.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Good question. . . In college, and then working part time during the summer, I managed to fish almost 300 days a year in 2003 and 2004. Working full time on the Miss Susie immedietly following college helped alot. . .

Fishing almost became as routine as eating dinner or taking a shower. It was pretty sweet.

It's been steadily falling as I am getting older, getting work promotions, and dating a girlfriend more seriously.

In 2006 I fished 217 days. . . pretty good

2007, 175 or 176 days depending on how you look at it. . . (I looked for a secret lake one day but never found it)

2008, Only 120 some days. I felt like a loser

· Registered
1,353 Posts
You guys are killing me. I probably got out 50-60 times last year (which I thought was pretty good). 200 days a year? I wish.

You will definitely hit the flats next year even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming. :yes:

I guess by this post you didn't head down Mike?

Andy

· Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy -

W winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 3 to 4 ft.

With that forecast there was no way i was going down. I guess i'll stay home and paint jigheads.

· Registered
2,262 Posts
Good question. . . In college, and then working part time during the summer, I managed to fish almost 300 days a year in 2003 and 2004. Working full time on the Miss Susie immedietly following college helped alot. . .

Fishing almost became as routine as eating dinner or taking a shower. It was pretty sweet.

It's been steadily falling as I am getting older, getting work promotions, and dating a girlfriend more seriously.

In 2006 I fished 217 days. . . pretty good

2007, 175 or 176 days depending on how you look at it. . . (I looked for a secret lake one day but never found it)

2008, Only 120 some days. I felt like a loser
Hey Francis...Why don't you put your fishing day data into a chart and drag it out til about 2012 and see how many days you'll be fishing then:eek2: :D Its the girlfriend / wife curve:pp

· Registered
3,149 Posts
Then add kids and you'll get even more worried:D
I'm down to 30-35 trips per year and consider myself lucky to get that many in. I get busy with work in the spring, just in time for trophy season:confused:. Fishing in the fall/winter has turned into my favorite time of year and I try to cram as much in as I can.

· Registered
8,241 Posts
I slowed down a lot last year, but was still close to 200. 85% of my trips were 2 or 3 hours in the evening after work. Couldn't keep a dern engine under me. I don't think they make boat engines to hold up the kind of fishing some of us do.

· Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I have no idea how many days I was out last year. I had a captains log once upon a time, but stopped making entries shortly after I bought it. If I had to guess I'd say about 20, but when I'm out there it's generally an until dark affair. I guess I'll find that log book and keep track for when this question comes up next year.

-JB

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.